- Egon von Greyerz, Founder of Gold Switzerland says it is time for investors to batten down the hatches; unlike the years 2000 and 2008 financial fiascos, 2022 could rival both in risk and volatility.
- Gold, silver and mining shares are "incredible values... potentially moving up by multiples."
- Egon notes that central bank monetary-schemes disrupt Adam Smith's invisible-hand, leading to increased uncertainty, the antithesis of their stated purpose.
- Amid record monetary expansion in the wake of the 2019 pandemic, the near zero-money mechanism is unwinding via rate hikes by the FOMC and their cohorts; the resulting deleveraging will exacerbate the fiasco.
- Key takeaway: Amid unparalleled paper-money printing and eroding purchasing power, wealth preservation requires a bullion allocation ratio of 80% gold and 20% silver.
September 11, 2022