- Founder of Merk Investments, Axel Merk notes financial market risk is here to stay, investors must prepare accordingly.
- Axel joins the stagflation stance, echoing the sentiments of increasingly vocal crowd in recent months on GoldSeek.com Radio.
- On a positive note, Axel says market conditions are better than during the Great Recession of 2008-2009.
- Nevertheless, investors are advised to expect higher prices across the board in tandem with slowing domestic / global economic prospects.
- US equities investors have enjoyed an exhilarating 13 year bull run - our guest is less sanguine on the sector, alternatively suggesting global equities investments.
President & CIO
Axel Merk is the President and Chief Investment Officer of Merk Investments.
Founder of the firm bearing his name, Merk is an expert on macro trends. He is a sought-after speaker, contributor and author. Axel Merk holds a B.A. in Economics (magna cum laude) and a M.Sc. in Computer Science from Brown University.
Axel Merk has grown Merk Investments into a $1 billion investment advisory firm offering investment funds and advisory services on liquid global markets, including domestic and international equities, fixed income, commodities and currencies.
Married with four children, he is a long-distance runner, weekend vintner and private pilot.
Follow Axel on Twitter to receive real-time updates on the economy, currencies, and global dynamics directly from Axel Merk.