From his home office in scenic Vancouver BC, Market historian and author Bob Hoye of chartsandmarkets.com offers commentary on the financial markets.
- Dr. Michael Burry, Scion Capital, of the movie "The Big Short" just announced his enormous $1.6 billion dollar bet against US equities.
- Every yield curve inversion has been followed by a recession; predictive of an impending economic downturn. The patterns suggest the recession will be severe.
- We're looking for gold stocks to sell off with the market this Fall. When we get the next buy in gold stocks, it will be good.
- The fundamentals of mining stocks; buying the sector based on improving earnings.
- Everything is coming together for a multi-year bull market for gold stocks; it's going to be good for the gold sector.
- We expect gold stocks to correct downwards into October / November sometime, and when we get the right technical signals, we will know when to buy.
- Deflation, where prices fall relative to gold, could send precious metals soaring, similar to the 1920's.